10.30.2012

Busy could be an understatement...

Over the past 3 months my life has changed dramatically. I am officially a "real" teacher, teaching second grade at a school in Flagstaff. These last three months have been quite the whirlwind between becoming acclimated as a new teacher, setting routines and procedures in my classroom, constantly researching and planning engaging activities for my kiddos, answering 28 little bodies all day long, and still trying to have a personal life. The first few months were a bit rough...12 hour work days, feeling like I was barely keeping my head above water, etc, but I am feeling more settled into this crazy career of mine every day. I adore my kiddos and am doing anything in my power to let them have a successful and fun year in second grade. With that being said, I have found myself back to the blogging world where I hope to share some of the fun things going on in my classroom, some of the ways I take time for myself, and various thoughts throughout the year. I hope to use this as a writing outlet for my friends and family to read. Here are some pictures of the fun things that have been going on so far in second grade:

Classroom all set up at the beginning of the year!



First bulletin board welcoming the kids!



Exploring the skeletal system!






No comments:

Post a Comment